[thelist] Value of Input with CSS

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Aug 13 17:27:50 CDT 2004

Message from Jono (8/13/2004 02:27 PM)
>It will be handled server side.  I have set up the styles for error
>messaging.  Once I hand it off, the error messaging will be done on their
>end, I just needed to provide a style for the error.
>
>My reason for all of this is that I had developed a page with a form, the
>page was required to be 330px in height.  Problem was that with a page
>title, a paragraph of text, and a lengthy form along with a few buttons at
>the bottom, the addition of the error message above the form was pushing the
>content below the 330px cut off.

Then the original page requirements are flawed. You can try jumping through
hoops but you can't escape that fact. Flawed requirements will always lead
you to looking for unreasonable solutions to problems that should have been
avoided in the first place.

What's more important to your application? That the form works? Or that it
looks pretty in 330 pixels of space?

What you want to do is doable, with the right tools. Just like if you want
to make a 3d model of a car that can be manipulated by the user (rotated,
repainted, reaccessorised) you don't try doing it with CSS/HTML. You use
Flash, or Java, or some other appropriate tool.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/