[thelist] live chat

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 14 09:01:54 CDT 2004

Following this thread, I've looked into four URLs provided :
phplivesupport, live2support and boldchat are not opensource or free
(boldchat is free with limited options, but source code isn't provided,
it's a hosted service)

I've installed helpcenterlive which is open source and free, and the guy
doing it is developping a WinAPP too.
I haven't tried the WinAPP, just the web access, and it rocks !
I suppose phplive is better (pure supposition) but really helpcenterlive
is not a toy, it's niiiice.
It is english only, but there's a forum where you can find common
languages files.
At the moment you cannot provide your users with multi languages, but
some have done a language file with both languages, say "french-english"
in the same sentences.

I use the latest version 1.6 available from sourceforge.

The creator says he is working on the version 2.0 (37% accomplished) and
it will be all object oriented.
I haven't looked into the code, but I suppose it must be a lot of work.

Hope this helps make up your mind.