[thelist] adding PHP and MySQL to RedHat

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Sun Aug 15 19:58:12 CDT 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 01:54 pm, Joel D Canfield wrote:
> So, I've discovered that my RedHat install was customized to *not*
> include PHP and MySQL. Should I add them to the existing install, or
> just get the ISO images and rebuild the box? There's nothing on here
> I care about saving.

You can easily add them rather than reinstalling the whole OS (you must
come from a Windows background ;). What version of Redhat are you
using? The rpms should be on the install CDs, or you can go to
rpmfind.net

I also have to suggest that the mailing list for whatever version of
Redhat you are using might be helpful in terms of the details of
dealing with RPMs. There are fun things called up2date, apt-get and yum
nowadays that stave off the hounds of "dependency hell".

hth

-S

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs