[thelist] A sledgehammer when a hammer will do

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 11:17:51 CDT 2004

--- Ken Chase <raskenbo at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I currently work in a large corporate environment<snip>

Ken, I work in a similar environment - large corporate and heavy tech. Example: We just purchased
WebLogic 8.1 with Portal for a internal project. That is being foisted upon me for the next
solution for our Intranet. I can't begin to tell you how much overkill this is for an intranet
with nothing but static pages. Yet when I bring up open source tech and php/mysql suggestions,
they get the cold shoulder - I think out of fear. So I'll be interested in what responses may
come.

I would say though, expect resistance to the idea. And if you are going to suggest something you
are going to have to really have your case as solid as can be or you'll have no luck.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!