[thelist] OnBLur

Mike Carlson mike at mcarlson.net
Mon Aug 16 14:57:56 CDT 2004

I need to implement some code that will not allow a user to close or move focus from a windows until it is done processing some stuff in the background.
 I am currently using onBlur="window.focus();" in my body tag, but that does not seem to "fire" until the entire page is done loading.

One of the processes in the background takes a few seconds to run and since the onBlur is not firing, the user can switch focus from that window until the entire page loads. I need something that will fire as soon as the window is displayed.

Another thing I want to implement is to remove the ability to close the window except for clicking a button which isn't displayed until everything is done in the background.

Any help is appreciated.

--Mike