[thelist] PHP official certification

David Travis dwork at macam.ac.il
Mon Aug 16 16:07:00 CDT 2004

Hi Joel,

Certifications are good for your resume, and are a method to assure (to
yourself as well as to others) that you know what you think/claim that you
know...

I think that setting a standard is required. Otherwise anyone who managed to
open a connection to a database would call himself a PHP programmer...

That's it...

Besides, to keep PHP an evolving technology someone has to sponsor Zend's
development team.    ;o)

David.