[thelist] Re: Deploying Video with Flash

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 20:10:59 CDT 2004

On Monday, August 16, 2004, at 04:07 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> In fact it wasn't a preloader, but a simple button to click which then
> loaded in the video .swf in, but this still left a long pause before
> the
> video would play, so there is definitely some bug there.

I wonder if you could fake a preloader with an animated gif in a
hidden, positioned div that shows onclick of the play button, then
hides when the flash movie is finally playing.

> Rich Osborne.
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown