[thelist] wiki

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 17 04:57:39 CDT 2004

I use a very simple wiki developped by french people "wikini" which is a
development fork of wakka.
The formatting is pretty easy, no need for html knowledge although
there's no WYSIWYG editor, but there's a memo of formatting rules at the
bottom of the edit box.

One thing good is that with a little modifying I can create a left-menu
and a top-menu which are themselves pages of the wiki, which means
anyone with proper rights can edit them.

It would helps with the unstructured thing.

Here's an exemple although it's in french and a work in progress, no
content yet :
http://www.trotinette-electrique.com/trottinette-velo-scooter/

otherwise the wikis HP/MySQL that I have heard of as good (but with more
options than what I need, wikini is way enough) are :

- Tikiwiki
- Mediawiki (Wikipedia)
- PhpWiki

I think all wikis accept images, wikini does. As for inserting images,
which means uploading to the web server, it's not standard but with
modules you can achieve that, you can as well add a rich editor bar to
the edit view, that's what I like in open sources products it's modules
;-)