[thelist] Re: Deploying Video with Flash

Rich Osborne R.M.Osborne at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 05:37:15 CDT 2004

>> I've hardly ever heard of flash blocking webpages, except for bad coding
>> practices like doing a repeat loop where one should use the timeline
>> metaphor to make non-blocking-freezing loops.

I think this thread has got a bit too far away from it's original post, as
people seem to be misunderstanding the issues. Bear in mind that this is a
very specific issue that affects ONLY IE and Opera AND only then on PC, not
on Mac. Netscape, Mozilla, & Firefox are all happy, as is IE 5.2 on Mac. In
these circumstances everything happens instantly just as it should. I'd send
people the file, but a 20Mb attachment is not always welcome!

Rich Osborne