[thelist] GUI design in an already cramped space... help

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Aug 18 10:44:16 CDT 2004

Rob,

	So I guess the listbox wouldn't have room to be visible on the
page, huh?  I was hoping there might be a *little* extra room...

	Re. the example, I don't really have one, but I can try to
explain it a little better.  It may be like your popup idea, but I was
thinking you could have a div or span that contains the text input, and
remains mostly hidden unless you're focused on the textbox.  OnFocus,
the thing drops down/explodes and you can type names and do something
(click a button, hit Enter, whatever) to add them to the list.
Double-clicking the name from the list would let the user edit it in the
textbox, and maybe a tiny red "x" next to each one could be for deletes.

	If that's too much like what you've already proposed, feel free
to ignore me and go about your business.

Cheers,

Peter