[thelist] Reading an ASP cookie on another application server

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:11:45 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:25:32 +0100, Chris Hayes <chris at lwcdial.net> wrote:
> Erm, thanks, but aren't cookies meant to be set on the client side.
>
> The idea is seemless login, if I CFHTTP, the only cookies retrieved will be
> on the server, not the user's machine.

Look closer at .jeff's solution. I am not a CF programmer, but if I am
reading things right, the solution is rather impressive.

He is making the GET server-side, yes. But he is taking the content of
the response and assigning it to a variable, which you can then make
the value of the cookie you set from CF.

It will be interesting to see if this actually gets around your
encoding problem or not.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com