[thelist] Re: "PHP or ASP?" dilemma, strict company rules, and a hybrid web site.

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 18 21:10:32 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 12:17 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> I really want to use PHP for development, but i can't stop using .NET.
> On a
> coffee break, i found an idea:
>
> I can continue developing web applications with ASP.Net, as they
> wanted, but
> develop portal with PHP, design a CSS enabled website, then show
> ASP.Net
> web applications in (i)frames.
>
> We can't stop using ASP.Net, but I can't design pretty pages with
> Visual Studio...
>
> Tell me what you think, I need your suggestions.

How is your severance package?

> Thank you,
> Bahadir Kandemir

Consider the greater joy you could get by subverting ASP.NET. I have
taught people at my company who use Lotus Domino enough CSS that they
are all jazzed about finding ways to subvert the crappy code Domino
produces. There are ways to circumvent Domino's code output. There must
be ways to circumvent your EDI, too.

If not, then do what you can to do the best you can and either look for
another job or consider php a personal hobby.

***
"My job web to Red China, but all I got was this stupid pink slip" - my
Boyfriend