[thelist] "PHP or ASP?" dilemma - I will STFU

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 01:46:35 CDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:24:22 +0300, Bahadir Kandemir <kandemir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
>
> You are right, I shouldn't use VS.Net, I started coding with notepad
> (I prefer to code PHP in Notepad, still :P)

I think you may have a lot to learn about developing applications.

VS.NET (at the moment) sucks in terms of designing web interfaces - I
agree 100% with you. Use something else.

But doing any sort of serious development work in Notepad is highly
unproductive - how do you do debugging? Does Notepad allow you to
store a code library? Is notepad extensible with 3rd party
functionality? Does Notepad give you any kind of syntax highlighting
or member completion? How does Notepad integrate with your source
control system?

If you want to use Notepad to develop things, that's your choice, but
just about any other IDE will make you a more productive developer.

Cheers
Ken