[thelist] Access 2003 and GUID

Mattias Thorslund mattias at inreach.com
Thu Aug 19 03:19:35 CDT 2004

GUIDs are "globally unique" by probability only. It is estimated
(someone else can give you the exact probablilty) that the chance of
generating the same GUID twice is less than finding a snowball in hell...

The conversion you're doing isn't right if you're getting a number of
duplicates.  You shouldn't convert long int's to GUIDs, just generate
random GUIDs.