[thelist] Search Engine Optimization

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Aug 20 10:09:47 CDT 2004

	Really, I've never seen a good way to do this, and most of the
companies who make claims to do so are usually just making a bunch of
extra pages with tons of words in them.

	My general procedure is the following:

1) Make sure the relevant words are in the title and the content
2) Make sure the keywords make up a high percentage of the content, and
if possible, are closer to the beginning
3) Get other sites to link to the site in question

	This way, the site is genuinely something that people will want
to read about, because it works *with* the search engine rules instead
of trying to cheat them like most third-party companies seem to promise.

YMMV...

Peter