[thelist] "Hand Coding" in DWMX2004

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 12:38:30 CDT 2004

On 8/20/04 1:12 PM, "Aaron Cole" <aaron at aaroncole.com> wrote:

> Why do so many people bash Dreamweaver MX and say that they prefer to
> "hand code"?
>
>So what am I missing here?

Not sure what the crazies out in the west are saying, but over here on the
east coast, I have never heard a complaint.  Dreamweaver is a hand coding
app, a WYSIWYG app, FTP app, and time saver extraordinaire, all wrapped into
one.  My cousin swears by BBEdit, he has never tried Dreamweaver. It doesn't
matter al long as you use it right, right?

I do have my rants about it, mainly the way it inserts huge blocks of white
space (randomly it seems) and line breaks in the code.  I don't recall older
versions of Dreamweaver making the code format all messy but MX 2004
certainly does.  I can't seem to find or tweak any preferences in
Dreamwweaver to help keep the code formatting nice and straight, if anyone
has the answer to that, PLEASE speak up.