[thelist] "Hand Coding" in DWMX2004

James Denholm-Price j.denholmprice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:39:04 CDT 2004

Hi all!

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:24:17 -0400, Chris Johnston
<fuzzylizard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:43:17 -0700, Peekstok, Anna wrote:
> >
> > Dreamweaver is the best of the WYSIWYG editors and its site management tools
> > are great, but I still go back to HomeSite (on PC) or BBEdit (on Mac)
> > because Dreamweaver messes with my code. If I so much as open a page with
> > Dreamweaver, it changes things to suit itself. I hate that. Therefore, my
> > Dreamweaver MX sits unopened on my desktop.
>
> There are ways to turn that off. I am not near my computer right now
> or I would look up how to do it, but I never have Dreamweaver MX 2004
> do anything odd to my code.

I find the auto rewriting annoying too, especially it's cursed
tendency to REVERSE &quot; back to quote marks -- I've even
hand-edited code using vi to keep my HTML valid and XML working :-(

However, DW MX is a fab editor and its syntax-highlighting is good.
SFTP and the pop-up CSS property reminders in MX2004 are my killer
features.

If someone can point me at the way to stop it rewriting &quot; I'll be
even happier...

James