[thelist] "Hand Coding" in DWMX2004

Mac Jordan mac.jordan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 07:23:51 CDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:43:17 -0700, Peekstok, Anna
<anna.peekstok at metrokc.gov> wrote:

> Dreamweaver is the best of the WYSIWYG editors and its site management tools
> are great, but I still go back to HomeSite (on PC) or BBEdit (on Mac)
> because Dreamweaver messes with my code. If I so much as open a page with
> Dreamweaver, it changes things to suit itself. I hate that. Therefore, my
> Dreamweaver MX sits unopened on my desktop.

Dreamweaver never touches my code - I've configured it not to rewrite
anything.  As a ColdFusion programmer, I wouldn't be without it,
although I very rarely open the WYSIWYG window - the tag completion
makes it invaluable for me.

--
mac jordan
home: www.kestrel.org