[thelist] Intranet Help

Gabriel Vasquez enkryption at verizon.net
Sat Aug 21 09:39:07 CDT 2004

Thanks for the help everyone!

>From what I've gathered from your posts is that I don't need the shared drive
because I can just run the server off of one of my main computers. This will
also be safer because no one else will be able to access the files and mess with
them.

Just FYI: All of my computers are running either win2k or XP. I'm working on
building a Linux box.

So, everyone on the network will be able to access the website by going to my ip
address, which is cool. And I know how to install apache (don't know all the
complex aspects of Apache, just the basics) and get php and mysql to play nice,
so that's not a problem.

When I sent this email, I had this weird notion that with an intranet I'd have
to put the files somewhere that is shared between all of the computers for it to
work. I had no idea that they'd get access to the website by going to my IP
address.

Thanks again!
Gabe