[thelist] DW2004 templates breaking asp.net page directives

Davin Granroth davin at envisionic.com
Sat Aug 21 19:26:51 CDT 2004

On a current project I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004 (v 7.0.1) set up
with a test-server model for ASP.NET with C#. The site has lots of
static .html files, and we're using DW templates to manage these, along
with some Library Items.

We also have four actual .aspx pages that we'd like to also manage with
templates, but whenever I update the site from a template, the page
directive on the first line of the .aspx pages gets replaced with the
default one that appears on line 1 in the template file (named like
filename.dwt.aspx).

This should not be happening because the ASP.NET page directive is
outside of the html and precedes Dreamweaver's InstanceBegin tag. And,
the BeginInstance attribute codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked is set to false. DW
templates should treat any code before or after the html element as
though it were in an editable region.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. Has anyone been through this before
that can share some advice?

For now, because there are only four .aspx pages, we're just removing
them from the template system and managing them individually. This
isn't a big deal right now, but over time the number of .aspx pages
will increase and it will become more of an issue.

Thanks in advance.
--
Davin