[thelist] DW2004 templates breaking asp.net page directives

Sam Carter scforum at iness.com
Sun Aug 22 08:29:11 CDT 2004

We also have four actual .aspx pages that we'd like to also manage with
templates, but whenever I update the site from a template, the page
directive on the first line of the .aspx pages gets replaced with the
default one that appears on line 1 in the template file (named like
filename.dwt.aspx).

I assume that the Template page Boolean codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false".
Unfortunately, it fails for .NET pages and replaces the first line as you
pointed out.

There is an easy workaround for this bug by placing at least 1 blank line
after the first .NET directive and before the DOCTYPE (or first line of
HTML).  This can be added in the template, but you can add it after the fact
to the individual .NET pages.

I use a little more than that....

<!--
  .NET placeholder