[thelist] ProtWare's HTML Guardian... your thoughts.

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 02:28:20 CDT 2004

Given that they make a lot of promises about protecting HTML that are
exagerated (to say the least), I do wonder about their "ASP"
encryption (given that the plain text must be passed across to the asp
ISAPI extension).

If you do want an encoder, Microsoft released one a while back
(Microsoft Script Encoder). I imagine that this product merely
duplicates the functionality of Microsoft's since there must be a
limited number of ways that you can "decrypt" or unobfuscate the
source before asp.dll gets it.

Cheers
Ken