[thelist] JavaScript onClick question.

Tim Beadle Tim.Beadle at iop.org
Mon Aug 23 05:01:52 CDT 2004

thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote on 22/08/2004 16:04:59:
> There is a DIV with an onClick alert, and a link with an onClick alert.
> What happens is if you click on the Link, the JS alert will popup "a
> onClick" and then "div onClick".
>
> How can I make it only popup "a onClick" ??

Remove the div onclick? :)

You might wish to look into how events are handled in different browsers.
I know IE uses one method and Moz another, and that one method is called
"event bubbling".

HTH,

Tim

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.