[thelist] "Hand Coding" in DWMX2004

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 10:38:05 CDT 2004

On 8/23/04 9:39 AM, "Pete Prodoehl" <pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com>
wrote:

> I think the "Dreamweaver messes with my code" thing is what many
> hand-coders think, and perhaps it was true years ago.

The thing that bugs me (sorry to keep beating a dead horse) is how
Dreamweaver breaks the code's formatting.  Sometimes the code stays nice and
neat, tab-deliniated, in easy to read blocks of code:

But sometimes it does something like this:

name="prodname3" type="text" value="ACME Manager1" size="32"
maxlength="32"></td>
bgcolor="E3E3E3"></td>

I have not found a way to prevent the wacky broken formatting problem, or
found a reason that Dreamweaver does it?

Am I alone on this one?