[thelist] pages not loading

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 20:42:38 CDT 2004

Hello,

Wednesday, August 25, 2004, 3:31:21 AM, you wrote:

B> I have a problem that has been reported with a site I am in charge of
B> and have no idea where to even start looking/googling to investigate the
B> problem.

B> The two pages that won't load are :
B> http://www.jakeneedham.com/htmlpages/theman.html
B> http://www.jakeneedham.com/htmlpages/earlierbooks.html

The both load fine here for me (into Firefox). I notice that the pages
are compressed (gzip) for transfer by Apache, but so are all of them
on the site.

Are these 2 users sure it isn't a problem locally with their caches,
etc?

Why not take those 2 pages, make exact copies, give them new filenames
and get them to test those - if those fail also, there is something
more sinister going on under the hood. If they work fine, it's a cache
(or maybe ISP proxy / cache) issue I would imagine.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde