[thelist] open source fax suite?

brian cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Aug 25 14:31:52 CDT 2004

Hi all.

My office is currently running an ancient version of Faxfacts on a 300
mhz NT 4.1 box.  It's a dog, and our ever increasing faxing from a
mail-merge (word doc) is making the process twice as long.

Basically, the software installs as a printer.  The word/fax doc is made
and then is mail merged with XXXX records from the DB file.  Then, we
merge to printer, and select the "Copia" driver, that is our fax box.

We called, and our service contract went up last year, and they want
about $1000 to simply upgrade us to a 2k box with more ram/cpu power.

I offered to look for an open source solution.  With nothing looking
like it does the same thing with a search on sourceforge or google, i've
come here.

Platform is not too picky, as we have both linux and windows servers
here-  but the front end/driver must be a win 32 client.

any suggestions, please link me :)