[thelist] Re: Em dashes not displaying for the client

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 04:51:50 CDT 2004

Clive R Sweeney wrote:
<snip />

> But I only have access to Windows and Mac computers. Is there really a
> significant problem with these special characters?

<tip type="Run Linux,without installing it, on your windows box for
testing" author="Simon Perry">
For those who have limited kit and or knowledge but who would find it
useful to test their sites using Linux from time to time. Knoppix [0]
is a Linux distribution that runs from CD so there is no need to install
anything. Simply download and burn the ISO image insert it into the CD
of your windows machine and reboot, Knoppix will boot from the CD drive.
It has excellent hardware detection and on the vast majority of machines
it will just boot up and configure itself. Once it is running you have a
full featured Linux system with Mozilla and Konquerer browsers to test
your site in.

[0] http://www.knoppix.org/
</tip>