[thelist] z-index not working in IE

Aaron Cole aaron at aaroncole.com
Fri Aug 27 11:35:21 CDT 2004

Does anyone know of a way to get z-index to work in IE PC?

I've built a two level navigation list with the second level as a
flyout to the right, using Nick Rigby's technique outlined recently in
A List Apart.

One of the requirements of the navigation is that it fit into a curved
design.  I've repositioned each of the list items to get the needed
curve, but in IE the flyout covers up the navigation just to it's left.

A visual is probably called for here :)

HTML:
http://chandler.stanford.edu/htmlmockups/publicsite/

CSS:
http://chandler.stanford.edu/htmlmockups/publicsite/css/style.css

The flyouts work in every other browser I've tested.  I'm really hoping
someone has an idea so that I don't have to think about it over the
weekend.

ps.  If you're in the San Francisco area; a round of beers on me at
Zeitgeist with anyone who can help me out. :)