[thelist] changing MIME (?) type on the fly

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Aug 27 12:47:54 CDT 2004

At 10:27 AM 8/27/2004, Joel D Canfield wrote:

>I'd like to create links to the documents in the filesystem (full path
>is in another db field) so they'll open in their native applications
>which are clearly indicated in other db fields.

You'll need to run the link through a page that can get the file type and
stream it to the browser.

e.g. /mimetype.asp?<filename>

The MimeType.asp file will hit the DB for the mimetype, open the file as
binary, set the Content-Type header to be the mime type of the file
selected, and then feed it to the browser.

--
Anthony Baratta

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
  - Mark Twain