[thelist] Re: A trivial html/css problem I can't seem to fix

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Sat Aug 28 11:18:59 CDT 2004

>>/I want a headline that sticks to the top of the page and doesn't wrap in a
/>>/small screen or with text size set to large. I've tried various ways and
/>>/can't seem to get it working in both IE and FireFox. Gizza clue someone
/>>/please :-)
/>>/
/>>/See <http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/testTop/>
/
>I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you're
>just looking for a CSS alternative to <nobr>, use "white-space: nowrap;".

And to get rid of the space at the top, I think you should just give the
<h1> a top margin of zero -- margin-top:0;

--
Clive R Sweeney
Designshift.com | Durham NC