[thelist] full text search with indexing services on Win2K server

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Aug 31 12:52:28 CDT 2004

I can't find info about this. Win2K indexing services seems to only
search its own abstract of the document (the column "CHARACTERIZATION")
and not really the text of the documents.

We've got thousands of docs, mostly RTF but lots of other MS and plain
text formats. I've used Site Server in the past and been very happy with
the speed of indexing and reliability of searches. Indexing service
doesn't seem to be doing it. Are my expectations unrealistic? Should it
be performing full text searches?

thanks

joel