[thelist] Recommendation for Merchant Account Provider?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Sep 2 14:10:21 CDT 2004

Bob Haroche wrote:

>I work in California, US and am looking to accept credit cards for
>online orders (web dev and web hosting services).<snip />
>Ideally the merchant account provider would actually
>answer their telephone calls (so many of the low cost ones never do).
>Also a provider that could handle automated recurring payments would
>be a plus.

Any reseller offering Authorize.Net as the gateway will work for the
recurring payments - AuthNet has an "Automatic Recurring Billing"
module.  I would recommend PracticePaySolutions.com, except that web
host providers are considered high-risk and are thus prohibited.  If
you're just providing hosting to your clients (as I do), your primary
business being web dev, they would be a great provider.  I work with PPS
personally (presently redesigning their site), and they're quite good
both for rates and for customer service.  Tell em I sent you!  (For your
sake, not mine)
--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce