[thelist] Re: Firefox OS X DOM Inspector help

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Tue Sep 7 22:37:09 CDT 2004

Andy Budd wrote:
> Hmm, well the inspector is listed in my extensions but there isn't a
> big mangifying DOM inspector glass icon in the customise panel and
> there definitely isn't a menu option for the DOM inspector anywhere.

I'm on WinXP using Firefox 0.9.3 and I've been wondering about the DOM
Inspector too. I see it listed in my Extensions window, which I thought
meant that it was installed, but I see that the "Uninstall" button is
faded -- so I guess that means it's not installed. Then again there
doesn't seem to be an option to install it and when I click on the
"Update" button, I see that "Firefox encountered problems when trying to
find updates for some items". Then when I check the website for Firefox
extensions, there's no listing at all for the DOM Inspector.

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, there now seem to be
significantly fewer extensions listed for Firefox. Have they weeded out
a lot of them -- without putting any kind of note on the site to explain
the change?

--
Clive R Sweeney
Designshift.com - Durham NC