[thelist] Crystal Reports Question [SOLVED]

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 09:50:57 CDT 2004

> >    If InStr(UCase(fullPathName), "DEV") > 0 Then
> :-) I
> don't see from your code where "fullPathName" is set, but I assume
> it's some
> kind of file system path, so you're assuming that the path will
> contain the
> phrase "DEV" or "TEST" unless it's production. Instead of making

 fullPathName is a value pulled out of a config XML file installed
with the client app, pointing to where the reports are located, so
the DEV location of reports would match up with looking at the DEV
db. I leaned on a couple environment logistics, mostly that this app
is used by <10 people, the databases are all on the same db server,
and this app is VERY low on the totem pole around here, so much so
that I've had to do quite a bit of work just to find docs, create a
testable environment, identify subject matter experts, etc etc. In
other words, garbage in (I cleaned up a little) garbage out, and I'm
moving on. The suggestion is spot on, though, and had this been
higher use and/or visibility, I would have made things more dynamic.
But eh, not this one :)

Thanks for letting me babble
sgd