[thelist] Improved windows scheduler

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Sep 9 13:36:05 CDT 2004

Scott,

Looked in there... I didn't see anything that would let me schedule
something that often with any sort of accuracy.  The Agent only allows for
once a minute, and you can set up multiple schedules for one job at one
minute intervals each offset by a few seconds, but it doesn't seem to "work
well" (c)(tm)(r).  Example, I set one job up with 4 schedules.  Each was one
minute interval and each was offset by exactly 15 seconds.  Only the first 2
schedules worked for a while.  In a few minutes it all seemed to tick right
along, but the inconsistency was disconcerting.

Good idea though.

> (Whatcha doing every few seconds that is "maintenance?")

Where's the proverbial smiley?  Certainly you can think of SOMETHING that
needs to be updated or processed every few seconds.

Updating a webcam feed
Check the temp on my Fridge to make sure it's exactly 35.5 degrees F
Pulling down RSS from a few thousand sources (a few at a time of course)

I can think of many reasons.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.