[thelist] tab builder program?

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 14:38:50 CDT 2004

On 9/9/04 2:27 PM, "Stephen Rider" <evolt_org at striderweb.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if somebody knows
> where I could find one of the following:
>
> 1) a good Photoshop tutorial for making such
>
> 2) a good and flexible Mac OS X program that helps do this
>
> 3) free or low-cost downloadable navigation graphics.

Do you have Photoshop?  If so, check this site out:

http://share.studio.adobe.com/Default.asp

Search for what you need over on the left, selecting Photoshop from the pull
down menu below the search field.  IFf you are not a member, I believe you
will have to sign up?

Tutorials:

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

http://www.informit.com/guides/guide.asp?g=photoshop

http://www.trainingtools.com/online/photoshop7/index.htm

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/ps_tut.php

http://www.creativemac.com/

http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/

This one is pretty simple, and could be done with just about any application
that allows layers, and a marquee tool:
http://webreference.com/graphics/column43/4.html

There is 1 million and 1 ways to skin this cat, but the above should get you
started.

Photoshop alternatives:

The GIMP (FREE!!!!!)
http://www.gimp.org/

- - - AND/OR - - -

GraphicConverter (Shareware)
http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/index.htm
‹‹> Also available for download from Versiontracker.com

Also, you might want to search Sourceforge for other alternatives.

http://sourceforge.net/

Good luck.