[thelist] Need to add a serial number system to my ASP script.

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Sun Sep 12 06:19:56 CDT 2004

I don't think that a "serial number" to run the code will work... it they
can download it and view it then there is nothing stopping them from running
it.  And if the code requires a "serial number" to run, then there would
also have to be code (which contains the number) that checks to see if that
number is correct. But if that code is viewable, then they can view the
number.

Wouldn't it be easier to require a password to download?

Casey