[thelist] Re: Is Tufte worth buying?

Fred D Yocum fdy at mcc.org
Mon Sep 13 07:21:13 CDT 2004

Joel

Absolutely, though I may be part of the 90 per cent blinded. I have read
and continue to browse all of Tufte's books and they are all  worth
reading and rereading, though one of his central premises is (and he is
correct) print is a much more data intensive media than the computer
screen. If you have to present complex data, do it in print. His examples
of how present complex data clearly, are illuminating, how to apply his
principles to digital media is less clear...

But the main reason for buying is --the books are beuatiful, well written,
very well made, almost art objects in themselves.

Fred D