[thelist] Proper DB Table Design...

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Sep 13 07:48:04 CDT 2004

Travis,

Placing a sortorder field in the categories and documents tables is not a
bad design.  You will also find additional benefit if the sortorder column
in the categories table represents the category's order within the ENTIRE
hierarchical structure, not just within the siblings.  I'll leave it to you
to realize why.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.