[thelist] Need to add a serial number system to my ASP script.

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Sep 13 09:45:30 CDT 2004

Craig,

It's not a whole lot more complicated than what I posted above.  You will
need to know how to make a hash:

http://www.extreme-vb.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=57

To add a salt value to the string, simply concatenate...  Then run it
through the MD5 algorithm.  If the result is the second part of the serial
number, the entire serial number is valid.

I don't know if anybody has ever documented this process on the web.  You
may consider checking around google for a bit.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/