[thelist] Protect update in webapplication

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Tue Sep 14 04:50:18 CDT 2004

I have a "webapplication", driven by an access 2003 database.
Now, the thing is, sometimes I of course want to do updates to the
database, but there might be users left logged in and of course this may
interfere with their work or in worst case create broken entries.
IS there some way to kick out all users (preferably terminating their
work in a nice orderly manner)?
The best would of course be some text that says something like "get out
in 20 minutes or I'll kick you out". Then end all sessions and do the
update.

Is the best way to just loop through all the session variables and flag
them accordingly?

Andreas