[thelist] [ot] I think I got a virus...

Mark Mandel mark.mandel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:28:38 CDT 2004

Hey guys -

I want to see if I can identify this virus before I totally wipe this
machine, and start it again... which is going to be more than painful.

Happened when i logged into the hotel internet network, and a strange
homepage came up in firefox...

Ever since then - my keyboard won't react (unless I hit the tab key,
and it spits out gibberish) the ctrl key seems locked, and then once
in a while it will just repeat characters.

I ran Search and Destroy, and that cleared up a couple of small things
(although one was a trojan) but it seems to have not fixed the
problem.

Anyone at least able to identify for me which virus it is, so I can
identify the problem?

Mark
E: mark.mandel at gmail.com
W: www.compoundtheory.com