[thelist] preventing indexing of a folder online

Theodore Serbinski tserbinski at washsq.com
Tue Sep 14 10:30:44 CDT 2004

hi all! got a quick question. we are putting internal company specific
information online, that requires a login. all of these pages are setup
to be password protected and this seems to work great, at least from our
  homemade PHP authentication system.

i am just wondering what other things i can do to further secure this
directory, against it being index by search engines (is robots.txt good
enough?) and from other people figuring it out it exists. i am running
windows 2003. thanks!

ted