[thelist] Shoestring status?

John.Brooking at sappi.com John.Brooking at sappi.com
Tue Sep 14 16:41:29 CDT 2004

>hi John,
>A while back you posted to evolt and mentioned your shoestring cms
>product. I was checking it out just now and was unable to log in to the
>demo from http://www.shoestringcms.com/cgi-bin/Shoestring/login.pl.
>What's the status of this?
>
>thanks
>Sam

Well, Sam, I'm glad you asked. I just last week posted the final release of
version 2.0, and have been working up to formally notifying those who told
me they were interested! (Or you can just skip the formality and go to
www.shoestringcms.com right now and check it out!)

As to your problem logging in, I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I
don't know how you got to the login script, but if you start at the demo
site [0], it will provide the required username for you, as well as a link
back to the demo site afterwards. If maybe you went directly to the login
script from a bookmark or shortcut, or otherwise missed reading part of the
demo site, you might not know that the username must be "demo_admin" (or
"demo_faq"), and the password "password".

Logging in does require JavaScript and cookies both enabled on your client.
If you have these, and the prior paragraph does not help, contact me offlist
and I'll work with you further. (It's the end of my day here at work, so
I'll mention that my home email is JohnBrook at pobox.com, and I'll check it
tonight.)

- John

[0] http://www.shoestringcms.com/Shoestring/demo/
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity