[thelist] Protect update in webapplication

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 00:01:43 CDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:20:06 -0500, Rob Smith <rob.smith at thermon.com> wrote:
> >Ah, so that file should disappear when no one is in?
>
> Yup. Test it out. Open up a Word document and a hidden temporary file shows
> up. The same with Access. If no one is in Access, there is no lockfile
> (.lck).

I don't know how you test things, but I've never seen a .lck file
appear when using Access. Do you mean a .ldb file?

Andreas,
The .ldb file will disappear when all /connections/ are closed.
Depending on connection pooling, and how you've coded your ADO code,
it may take some time before the .ldb file disappears.

Cheers
Ken