[thelist] Tunneling on Windows...

Phil Turmel turmel-lap at turmel.org
Fri Sep 17 20:18:02 CDT 2004

You might want to consider OpenVPN...  My business partners and I use it
to maintain our company VPN, tying both home networks and road warrior
laptops to our office.  Lots of configurability, and service mode
support under windows.  Can also do certificate based authentication in
big applications.

http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/

We run everything in tunnel mode, but it is capable of using bridged
adapters, placing all connected computers on the same virtual ethernet.
Tunneling just seems to perform better for my needs.  If you have at
least one machine with a reliably resolveable host name, you can set up
tunneling to support many machines behind NAT connections communicating
freely with many machines behind other NAT connections.

Phil