[thelist] matched pairs php + mysql

Andrew thelist at punterspower.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 03:32:01 CDT 2004

Sounds Interesting Max,

The senario is this:  I have a html table (actualy there will be two) the
html table is currently stored in one field of a table
(product_description) which is related to the main product table.  I am
cutting and pasting the html table inot the description field presently
and is a pain.  I would much more prefer to have the fields of the html
table added as data and when reqested pulled out and presented in html
table on the forntend of the site.

The html table will be different for every product so to componsate for
this I figure a 7 column 7 row table for inputting the data would cover
all senarios.  Having 49 fields in a table is not the way forward, I heard
of matched pairs but couldn't find anything out about this.

After pondering about the solution for this I thought that the data could
possible be stored in one field as comma seperated and then pulled out and
formatted accordingly, as an array as you suggested (although I haven't
done this before so wanted a little help :)

I'm not sure if I have made any more sense for this puzzle of mine so any
questions to clarify would be welcome.

Andrew