[thelist] grid control for web app?

Glenn Carr glenn at glenncarr.com
Mon Sep 20 16:36:30 CDT 2004

I'm looking for a nice grid control for a web app.  Preferably a Java
applet.  Nothing fancy required, only needs to accept simple values (not
support comboboxes, etc.).  The number of cells displayed will be around
4000, so it needs to be perform well.

Currently, I'm solving this problem by displaying a simple HTML table, and
having some script/dhtml cause an INPUT cell to be displayed in the current
cell.  This currently only works with IE, and I'm looking to expand this to
work with the major browsers by using a Java applet or Flash control.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Glenn