[thelist] Looking for PHP/MySQL Application for Client Collaboration

Dan Leonard dan at canopyroad.com
Tue Sep 21 10:01:01 CDT 2004

I'm looking for an application that would permit clients to be able to
login to view their project at certain phases of completion.

Anyone know of an existing application using PHP/MySQL that has most of
the following functionality?

Client capability:
------------------
- update their own profile information / update password
- view their project
- form to send email if client has question or problem relating to their
site - view billing (payment due / payment received)

The Project View could either be a direct link to a file for the client to
view or it could be a diary/blogger type of entry that gives some detailed
information about the work that's been done and then provides a link to a
file for them to view.

I could always build something myself, but if there's an app out there
already that does most of what I'm looking for, why re-invent the wheel?

I've been Googling for the past few days (project management, client
collaboration, user management, etc.). The closest I've seen to what I'm
looking for is Project Logger <http://projlogger.sourceforge.net/>.

Anyone seen anything else worth taking a look at? We're a two-man
operation, so anything Open Source or relatively inexpensive ($0-$100)
would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Dan