[thelist] are iframes antiquated?

apathetic timbooker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:47:47 CDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:12:24 -0600, Rich Points <rich at richpoints.com> wrote:
> I'm taking over a site that is currently using iframes.  I'm primarily a CSS
> designer and I have never used iframes.  I've been to a couple of lectures
> on CSS and SEO where the presenters have railed against the use of
> frames.  They claim that they are an antiquated technology and should
> be avoided at all costs.

I would agree that frames are antiquated and should be avoided.
However, my opinion on iframes is different.  They remain the only
pure-HTML method of including the contents of another file in the
document, and are useful if used carefully.  If the iframes are used
purely for layout, then replace them.  If they are used as a method of
inclusion, and you have no other option available, then keep them.

Tim

--
Free online RSS news reader - www.hyperlinkage.com